About Me

Smalley, Derbyshire
A bit about myself. Hi, as you may have gathered my name is David and,this is my first blog. I am a fiftymmmmph year old bloke from the Smalley area of Derbyshire. Of late I have been unwell with depression and my therapist suggested that I take up a hobby as one aid to my recovery. Some years ago I did a plumbing course but never got taken on in any firm to continue with the more practical side and hands on experience. So as I know a little about soldering copper pipe and how to use a set of pipe benders why not put them to good use and try my hand at making decorative features.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Face in Silouette

Do you know how long it takes to rub down and polish copper plate? I should have put a stop watch on the job, coz I don't either, but it was a long time.
I first cut off a square of plate, then marked out the face, (it's all I can draw), cleaned off the gunk on both sides, (hard work). Then cut out the face with snips, rub down with very fine wet & dry emery paper. Do it to both face and off cut.
The base is made from a piece of 15mm and an off cut from a previouse job, all rubbed and smoothed as before.
Then two small right angles and all solderd together, polished again and finnished.





No comments:

Post a Comment