About Me

Smalley, Derbyshire
A bit about myself. Hi, as you may have gathered my name is David and,this is my first blog. I am a fiftymmmmph year old bloke from the Smalley area of Derbyshire. Of late I have been unwell with depression and my therapist suggested that I take up a hobby as one aid to my recovery. Some years ago I did a plumbing course but never got taken on in any firm to continue with the more practical side and hands on experience. So as I know a little about soldering copper pipe and how to use a set of pipe benders why not put them to good use and try my hand at making decorative features.

Sunday 30 October 2011

So Far So Good

Now that I have done three pieces and my soldering is getting better and, some ideas are coming in, I want to try and widen what I am trying to do. I know that I should be moving step by step, but now I have a feel for what I am doing I want to try more and more.

With luck, if people think that my creations are worthy, they may want a piece for thier home or garden. The thing that will be the difficult bit for me will be to put a price on the pieces that I make.

In time I hope to be making bespoke pieces for people who would like something just for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment